MANDATORY VACCINATION: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
Have you been told COVID-19 vaccinations will be mandatory at your workplace? Do you want to know your rights?
Your employer has a duty to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its workers and any other persons on their premises (such as clients and customers). Therefore, your employer may direct you to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to reduce the risk of COVID being contracted or transmitted in the workplace.
Your employer may direct you to be vaccinated where:
- a specific law requires you to be vaccinated. For instance, a State or Territory public health order has been issued to that effect.
- an enterprise agreement, award or employment contract provides that it is permitted.
- the direction from your employer to be vaccinated is lawful and reasonable.
You may be able to refuse your employer’s direction to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, depending on the circumstances, your refusal could result in your employer taking disciplinary action against you, which may include termination of your employment or redeployment.
Ready to tell us your story?
If you have concerns about the reasonableness or lawfulness of a direction given by your employer, then please contact us at Anderson Gray Lawyers for a confidential, no-obligation discussion about your situation.
We offer a COVID19 vaccination policy review service starting from just $770, depending on your situation. We agree the fee in discussion with you before any costs are incurred.
For more detailed information about vaccinations in the workplace visit our COVID19 FAQ’s page.
It covers questions including:
- Can my employer force me to get the COVID-19 vaccination?
- When can I refuse to follow a direction by my employer to be vaccinated?
- Can my employer require me to provide evidence if I have refused to have the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Can I refuse a direction to get vaccinated if I don’t have a medical exemption?
- What if want to be vaccinated but I want to wait?
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“I’d like to thank you for taking on my case. It was a situation I never thought I would find myself in and I was very emotional throughout the process…” – T.B.
“Thanks again for a good result! Your ability to remain calm and professional in this very uncomfortable situation is much appreciated…” – A.A.
“I want to say thank you for your help and support during the case. I very much appreciate what you did and in some way I had the feeling of going back to my normal life…” – M.C.